Healthcare Bill Passed By Senate, Media Drops Coverage TILTcast
On Sunday evening, March 21st, 2010, the most comprehensive near Universal Healthcare Bill passed the Senate.
This I learned Today (TILTcast 18) - Why did this only render two minutes of late night local news coverage?
Huge lack of coverage that is a major understatement.
Whether you are for or against the new law, you should at least know what it is (since the media apparently won't tell you (including citations from the major media coverage tonight):
- The vote in the House was 219-212. Republicans were unanimously opposed. The bill now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature. (KCAL 9)
- Kids can stay on parents' insurance until age 26 (FOX 11 News)
- would make a nearly $1-trillion commitment in taxpayer money over the next decade to help an estimated 32 million uninsured Americans get health coverage.(New York Times - still using past tense langage)
- 95% of US will be covered (NBC 4 News)
- More to come as everyone finally reads the bill....
If you are tired of the volatility and unpredictable nature of the stock market it may be time to consider investing in physical assets. You may considerbuying gold to add value and balance to your portfolio. Gold is a proven performer that has gone up over time and has always been a well reputed source of investment for millions of people worldwide. While paper currency fluctuates daily, gold is a physical asset that is valued around the world. Gold coins or compounds is a terrific way to back your investments with physical weight and value. Having hard money is a great way to keep your money safe and valuable. Consider buying gold today with a trusted name, Goldline International.