Mr. Hauger’s Five Keys to Winning Debate
You LOSE if
You WIN if
Move from left (losing) to right (winning) by following the 5 keys!
- Listening critically (not just waiting to speak) will give you fuel to respond effectively.
- Staying composed displays your logical strength better than the volume of your voice.
- Respectful people are viewed favorably by judges and the audience. Stay cool!
- When you’re focused, you won’t be distracted by shiny distractions. Stay on topic.
- Point out and order the opposition’s arguments, then take them down point by point.
This episode is #46 of the Hauger History Podcast! Go Subscribe!